Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Meal Planning

I have been making an effort to sit down every Sunday morning and plan out my meals for the week.  I have seen bloggers who are really committed and have lists of everything in their fridges and pantries and nicely compiled recipes, and maybe one day I'll be that on top of things, but for now, I take stock of what I have and go from there.  I hope to eventually be able to plan for a month at a time, but I live in an apartment, so for the time being, it just isn't practical.

Here is my plan for this week:



Breakfast
Lunch
Dinner

Monday
Oatmeal w/ fruit
Peanut butter sandwich w/ cucumber
Tuesday
Oatmeal w/ fruit
Quiche w/ broccoli
Wednesday
Leftover quiche
Grilled chicken over salad
Thursday
Kale pasta
Friday
Cereal w/ banana
Sweet potato w/ broccoli
Saturday
Leftovers
Sunday
Eggs, turkey bacon, and fruit
Leftovers
Leftovers

I have found that leaving Saturday and Sunday meals a little more open to leftovers and cooking whatever I have left from the week saves money and ensures I use everything that I bought in the week.  I do it in a table in Microsoft Word and print it out and put in on my fridge.  I use the meal table to make my grocery list on my phone and I'm set for the week!

1 comment: