Monday, December 2, 2013

Elf on the Shelf, Part 1

Last post, as part of my 101 in 1001, one of my items was to blog for 30 days straight.  While the holidays are maybe not the best time, in terms of having spare time, I am going to try and make it for the next 30 days with a posting each day.  If I fail, I'll start over in the new year!

Last year my husband's dad's secretary sent us an Elf on the Shelf for Christmas, so this is the first year we have gotten her out of the box.  We got her out on Saturday night so that Maddie can enjoy finding her for the entire month leading up to Christmas.  Maddie named her "Mubble."  I have been scanning Pinterest for different ideas for our little Mubble and will be posting her antics sporadically.

The first night she sneaked into Maddie's room and got out her tea set and had a tea party with Dora the Explorer on my book shelf.




When Maddie found her in the morning, she was very distressed that the elf had taken her tea set.  She also accused me of doing it.  My almost 3 year old is already a skeptic!  I think she is now convinced that the elf moves on her own, because she thought it was hilarious that Mubble was on top of my moon stairway this morning.


I have a few more ideas, some seen on Pinterest and some of my own concoction, for the next few nights, so I will keep you posted with pictures of Mubble and Maddie's reactions.

No comments:

Post a Comment